Amount of Exercise
Exercise is extremely important for our healthy, but there is a lack of time put aside for this healthy activity. Don't hide from exercise, there are many forms of physical activity.
You should aim for:
30 minutes a day or 60 minutes 3-4 times a week
For busy families try to incorporate a 30 minute family bike ride after dinner or a brisk walk 15 min away and back. Even if it pushes bedtime back (scary, I know!), BUT exercise is shown to help kids sleep sounder and fall asleep faster.
Types of Exercise
- Swimming: Pools opened last weekend! Check out the Doris E. Buffet pool located in Fredericksburg, Va.
- Stair Climbing
- Pickle Ball: There are courts at Kenmore Park. This park offers play grounds for kids of all ages!
- Jump Rope
- Four Square: requires chalk & kickball
Exercise is any activity requiring physical effort, carried out especially to sustain or improve health and fitness. We can help find the appropriate exercise for you!
Comment below on your favorite ways to get moving!
Exercise is shown to:
- Reduce risk of heart disease.
- Prevent several chronic diseases and is associated with a reduced risk of premature death.
- Strengthens Muscle/Bones and Reduces Osteoprosis Risk
- Help Maintain Weight
- Reduce Risk of Type 2 Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome
- Improve Memory
- Improve Your Mood
How to Stay Motivated
- Workout with a friend to help keep each other accountable.
- Enlist the entire family. Playing can be a form of exercise!
- Set a goal: use a tracker or sign up for a race to stay on track
- Hire a personal trainer. There are currently 4 personal trainers working at Green Fitness & Wellness and they work all hours to help you fit exercise into your life.
- Stay Healthy & Pain Free! Here Dr. Scott & Erica work with many athletes to ensure they stay healthy, pain free, and function at optimal capacity.