"My child has never fallen or rolled off a couch" said NO parent ever :-)
Children are constantly falling and tumbling as they learn to crawl, walk, and run. Most of the time they will stand up, maybe cry a little, and keep going! Did you know that just like adults kids get hurt and these can lead to muscle imbalances and joint problems?
Chiropractic offers a safe and drug free way to make sure your kids continue to move and grow correctly.
1. We help with gait and balance issues. Even when babies start to crawl, they may favor using one arm/leg to crawl instead of using both equally. We can assess why they aren't using both arms/legs and help them so that the body stays balanced. Nowadays kids are also watching TV and using iPads all the time, this constant sitting throws off the hip motion, which makes it harder to stand on one leg or kick a soccer ball.
2. Our office is trained to assess children for concussions and provide care to help recover from these concussions. There are a few different exercises we can help show your child to help prevent future concussions. The video at the top shows how children are fearless and no matter how you try to protect them they will continue to be fearless :-)
3. We can also help fix muscle imbalances and correct posture. One example is when a child sits or uses an electronic device they start to get tight and weak muscles. As seen in the picture to the right, this is called upper cross syndrome. Telling your kids to stand up straight is easy to say, but not easy for them to follow if the muscles have been tightened and weakened from sitting, watching tv, and using an ipad/computer. At our office we will take pictures for a baseline and then work on specific muscles to stretch and strengthen to correct the muscle imbalances.
Proper posture for kids helps:
1. Enhance athletic ability
2. Increases deep breathing
3. Prevents long term spinal problems
4. Help your muscles and joints.
5. Improves circulation and digestion.